From this page, you can find all the major updates of our constantly developing media management platform. Take a look at what our dedicated developers have accomplished.
10/05/21 - Release #36
- New feature: Complex Custom Field type. With the Complex field, users may link individual fields together to form one data record. A complex field can be used e.g to give a certain media asset several date-time values, such as air-dates.
- New feature: Admins can now add and delete users’ from projects on the User panel.
- Feature update: Select all (per page) and edit custom fields features added to the bulk action panel
- Feature update: Global word search setting tweaked to better up the search results
- Feature update: Approvals section on front page renamed to In Review.
21/09/21 - Release #35
- Feature update: Added to Custom Field type "Rich text" more versatile tools for text editing. The text editor includes now bold, italic, underline, list (numbered and bulleted), and choosing text style (normal or headline).
- Feature update: Two new custom field types added; boolean and DateTime
- Feature update: Copying of asset/project includes now a possibility to copy the associated custom fields.
- API: API calls for Custom fields and Attachments added to API documentation.
- Cyber Security: Added automatic locking on the login page after several failed login attempts.
08/09/21 - Release #34
- New feature: Google SSO. You may now sign in to Media Pocket with your Google account. The Google SSO works with Chrome, Firefox, and Edge browsers. To use Google SSO you must be signed in to your Google account on the browser you are using.
- New feature: External ID metadata filed added to Details section and to open API. External ID supports findability and change management when building integrations with third-party software.
- Feature update: The CSV download feature in the list view is re-enabled with better UX.
- Feature update: Add Tags feature’s UI improved.
- Cyber Security: OWASP tests run with excellent results
- Cyber Security: Minor security issues fixed.
11/08/21 - Release #33
- New feature: Assets’ embedded EXIF and IPTC metadata is now visible under the Mediainfo tab. If the asset has embedded a title and/or description metadata, the Details section will be automatically filled with accurate data during the Upload.
- New feature: Selected EXIF and IPTC fields are searchable and can be found under the Filters section. Metadata fields Copyright, Keywords, and Creator can be searched with the global word search.
- New feature: Drag and drop functionality added to projects. To move an asset to a subproject simply drag&drop the asset on top of the subproject. To move the asset to a higher project, drag&drop it on top of the project name on the trail of breadcrumbs.
- Feature update: Sort & Select tool in the list view is upgraded with a user-friendlier button and the possibility to sort the infinite number of assets by title, description, category, media type, status, owner, or filename.
- Bug fixed: Assets’ history is no more duplicated when browsing assets with prev and next buttons.
21/07/21 - Release #32
- New feature: Multiselect assets in the grid view added to ease the use of bulk actions such as bulk download.
- Feature update: The preview thumbnails are now scaled to keep their original aspect ratio.
- Further improved the Copy asset and Copy project features to include options to only copy the metadata or include the original media, attachments, assets, or members.
- Further improved the Trash bin feature and added the possibility to permanently delete the files instantly. Also now each user has access to their own trash bin and may delete or restore assets.
- Bug fixed: Scaling problem on the project page fixed.
- User control update: Each workspace has a named owner which cannot be deleted. The owner may be changed by contacting email@example.com
28/06/21 - Release #31
- Feature update: With the Upload from Google Drive feature you may now also upload from shared folders.
- Further improved changing of password process with guiding headlines and clearer instructions for selecting a suitable password.
- Extended the link validity for share by link feature and invitation links for new users or guests. The links are now valid for 7 days from the creation.
- Added a preview and format support for .ia files
- Bug fixed: The download tool has now a set order for available formats
- Bug fixed: Setting up a new searchable Custom Field is again working as it should.
16/6/21 - Release #30
- Bug fix: Search fields’ scaling issues solved
- Further improved search feature by updating the filters to fit the word search results
- Bug fix: Better visualization of long names on the project’s Members list and a change to a better fitting icon for deleting a member from the project.
02/06/21 - Release #29
- Added an automatic storage capacity control: when the storage limit has exceeded the storage and monthly invoices are increased automatically for 10€ per 100GB.
- Added automatic email and workspace notifications to admins when over 90% and over 95% of current storage capacity is used.
- New metadata type added: Read-only custom field, which helps to avoid infinity loops when building metadata integrations.
- Pop-up notification to notify the user if the browsers pop-up blocker disables bulk download
- Further improved rules of the account builder to degrease problems with account verification
03/05/21 - Release #28
- Added an undo clip feature; the draft can now easily be deleted by clicking the “x” after the clip timestamp or with keyboard command z.
- Further improved supporting tools for the workflow engine
21/04/21 - Release #27
- New pricing model updated to Media Pocket. See the current prices: https://mediapocket.io/pricing/
- New feature Upcoming Invoice added to the Billing page for admins to follow the current billing period.
- Further improved the feature for changing the account type (starter, basic, or premium)
- Added notifications and set an automatic increase of 5€ to the upcoming invoice if the plan's user amount is exceeded.
- Mediapocket.io/getstated page updated to create a starter account.
- Bug fixed to automatically update asset's Custom Filed section after deleting a filed group
- Attachments category deleted from storage statistics as now that attachments are child assets, they are included in original media.
23/03/21 – Release #26
- Extended the pdf preview to cover multi-page pdf files
- Further improved Google Drive uploading feature to accept video, image, and pdf files without the filename extension
10/03/21 – Release #25
- Bug fixed on asset’s commenting feature; you may again tag users to comments
- Further improved uploading feature to accept the common video and image files without the filename extension
- Live asset bug fixed, and the feature is fully functional again
- Further improved UI re-sizing in the browser
- Bug fixed on a Create a sub-project; the pop-up window closes automatically after creating the sub-project
- Further improved external upload feature and added visibility to uploading process steps
18/02/21 – Release #24
- Fixed an API issue with Youtube sharing
- Fixed an uploading issue with attachments
08/02/21 – Release #23
- Decreased processing time for image asset ingestion (ca. 55 %).
- Optimized search UI by hiding unused fields.
- Tags possible to add now via “Add tag” button in project/asset view.
- Fixed a font issue on Safari browser and some less common browsers.
- Mobile UI layout optimization.
- Further improved housekeeping rules for storage optimization.
- List view time-based order logic fixing.
26/01/21 – Release #22
- Search function fine-tuning to more accurately include search results.
- Modification date updated during every transaction, not only metadata change.
- Title now mandatory when creating an asset.
- Attachments are now considered “child” assets and can be referenced and interacted with directly.
- Strong Customer Authentication when adding a credit card now included.
- PDF and DOCX files are now previewed in the thumbnails.
04/01/21 – Release #21
- Mobile UI bug fix related to icons/text being cut out of view.
- Google Drive import bug fix for large (5+ GB) files.
- Updated communication email layout.
- Housekeeping rules updated.
15/12/20 – Release #20
- Media Pocket API Documentation! We encourage everyone to have a look. https://open.mediapocket.fi/api/docs/V2.html
- Updated “Live asset” instructions.
- Hot storage housekeeping configuration updated.
- “My Projects” now only shows main projects. Sub-projects are hidden from this view.
- Sample project was accidentally deleted (BY PATRIK!) from being auto-generated to new environments. Now returned.
- Project member list now automatically also includes members from top-level projects.
- Sub-project access now defines project path visibility -> not possible to see top-level paths if no access.
- Preview support added for *.docx file types.
30/11/20 – Release #19
- Changed “Your projects” to “My projects” to standardize descriptions throughout Media Pocket.
- Audio files now support timestamp commenting.
- Project listing bug fix when navigating between list views.
- When exporting/copying an asset outside a project, possibility to now visit My Projects and create a new project for the asset.
- Sub-projects now visible to all users + guests (that being member of). This does not include projects preceding the reference point.
- Sub-projects are now listed in a separate UI section from other project assets.
02/11/20 – Release #18
- Top-bar communication messages made account-specific.
- Account creation source information added to backend.
- Existing guest users added to “Add member” section.
- Sub-project feature added. Every project can now have N+1 sub-projects.
- Video AI analysis: “Topics” section now indexed and searchable.
12/10/20 – Release #17
- Mobile UI fix related to project side menu. Moved to bottom.
- Guest user feature added. A guest user can be added to only one project at a time. Guests can upload assets and work normally within the project. Guests cannot create new projects.
- Bug fix related to “Sample” project being empty for new accounts.
- Automated tag management between Media Pocket and Mailchimp related to member and customer communication.
15/09/20 – Release #16
- Bulk actions. Possibility to: – add to favorites – assign to project – copy asset – create approval – approve – reject – download (check that no browser pop-up prevents this). – export csv – edit tags – purge – remove from favorites – remove from project
- Mobile UI bug fixes for menus and buttons.
- Project status: Public or private. Public projects visible for all members.
31/08/20 – Release #15
- Possibility to record live stream (RTSP) to a live asset.
- Instead of “infinite scroll” list views, they are now separated by pages.
- Every project & asset now has a star-icon which you can use to create favorites.
14/08/20 – Release #14
- Subclip deletion notification specification about permanent deletion.
- Event Engine v1 online. Real-time collaboration now possible, as all updates are visible to all users at the same time.
- All log events now visible in history (project/asset).
- Projects now possible to mark as public to all users or private to specific users.
30/07/20 – Release #13
- Subclip one-click export now possible without the need to wait for clip rendering.
- Publishing Channel menu updated, now possible to set publishing channels as private or public.
- Publishing bugs fixed related to special characters and letter case sensitivity.
- Email notification graphical outlook updated.
- Added S3-supported cloud file systems to publishing channels.
- Bug fix: Animated .webp files were not visible on front page.
- Bug fix: New accounts received “Sample project” related emails repeatedly.
- Antivirus update for all uploaded files.
- Audio files now show current time and duration
- Mobile UI glitch fixes.
- Updated Elasticsearch functionality
- Confirm feature added for asset & project deletion.
25/05/20 – Release #12
- Updated upload interface to support Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive integrations.
- Drag & drop media assets now on anywhere on the Project grid.
- Uploads now continue while you navigate within Media Pocket outside the Project screen.
- Editing of asset/project title & description now possible without opening the Edit overlay.
- Few UI bugs fixed related to width and visibility of scroll bars and certain fields.
12/05/20 – Release #11
- Newsletter opt-in integration for all new users
- Firefox Nordic alphabet bug fix
- Confirmation prior to performing certain actions in UI
- AI menu invisibility bug fix for mobile resolution for videos
- Sample project for all new accounts, showcasing certain features
- Celebrity facial recognition confidence accuracy fix (still false positives included)
- Wide PDF preview UI bug fix
- Tag & category inheritance from project to assets
- Project level AI tag summary
27/04/20 – Release #10
- AI analysis for video files (speech-to-text, visual identification & timestamp linking)
- Login page UI adjustments
- Project-level tag linking (behind the project info-button)
- Subclip direct sharing asset name fix
- Updated terms & conditions
- Updated date picker for date-specific data fields
- Speech-to-text *.srt & *.vtt download
- Automated closed captions
- Updated notification banner for Media Pocket internal communications
06/04/20 – Release #9
- Share subclips directly via Share-button without the need to create sub-assets.
- Aspera export speed limit increased to 300mbps
- Knowledge Base-link added to Media Pocket (bottom of screen).
- Youtube export confirmation process increased with Google -> no security warnings.
- Housekeeping rules increased -> better storage size management.
- Description field: text and word break optimized.
26/03/20 – Release #8
- Navigate away during upload: Uploads works now via “Upload” menu while exiting the upload screen.
- UI: Video rendering status now more informative.
- UI: Subclip rendering (order) now shows rendering status.
- AI: Faces now include celebrity and emotional recognition.
- Export: SCP (SFTP) and Aspera transfers now supported.
- UI: Project interface now shows project size (next to filter).
09/03/20 – Release #7
- FTP export: UI updates, possiblity to name sources in addition to address.
- UI: Notification to user when an ordered subclip has been rendered.
- UI: Notification contains asset title for easier identification.
- UI: Mobile interface optimization (fields, AI menu).
- UI: Asset download menu updated.
- UI: Password requirements made more visible.
- Subclip: Original asset name inherited instead of hash ID.
27/02/20 – Release #6
- Automatic AI-analysis for image files (min. 50 % confidence for tags).
- Automatic indexing (included in search) for over 80 % confidence AI-tags.
- Filtering possible within the comment section.
31/01/20 – Release #5
- Asset duplication possibility to another project.
- Possibility to create an asset from a subclip.
- Comment section now retained at 800px and scrollable.
20/01/20 – Release #4
- List view: UI tuning, possible to click anywhere and visibility fix
- Share: Possible to now share any asset via a public link (click “Share” on any asset).
- Media Pocket file backup performance upgrade.
- Share -> Youtube: Asset tags were not included after an update. Fixed.
- Assets were now visible if window size was too small. Fixed.
- File upload -> “Cancel” function now eliminates entire upload process.
- PDF assets are now dynamic (possible to select text), not only pictures of slides.
- Custom metadata now shows “last modified” information.
- Updated “Statistics” page graphics.
- Password requirements made stronger.
- Project icon is now compiled from assets within the project.
- Billing issue fixes.
23/12/19 – Release #3
- Video player short keys: J – reverse — some format unsupported. K – pause L – forward Timecode-specific: I – marker in O – marker out M – add marker (comment) up – move to in marker down – move to out marker
- Possible to restart approval process.
- Bulk tagging feature possible in list view.
- Column reordering possible in list view.
05/12/19 - Release #2
- List view: sort/show/hide columns
- Search results: CSV export
- Support-button added
- Multiple custom field groups per asset
- Multiple download options for assets
27/11/19 : Version 1.0
- Subclip delivery in original format
- Search size filter
- Youtube export – tags
- Scalable sidebar