Aspera is a data transport and streaming technology company that provides high speed data transfer services. Media Pocket has several ways of exporting media assets, and Aspera is one of them.
Here's how it works.
1. First, make sure you have the Aspera link set up. You can do this by selecting Publishing channels under your user menu:
2. If you have an Aspera link set up, it will look like this, then proceed to section 5.
3. If you don't have an Aspera link set up, it will look like this:
4. If you don't have an Aspera link set up, and don't know how to proceed please contact your administrator for assistance. You can also open a Support request by clicking on the lower-left hand corner:
We will gladly help!
5. If you have an Aspera link set up, go to the media asset you wish to export, and click the Share icon.
6. You will now see the Aspera option:
If you wish to share your media asset to this location, click "Share".
7. You will then see the first event under on your log:
8. Once the transfer is completed, you will receive this notification:
If for some reason your Aspera transfer should fail, you will receive a notification about this as well.
You should then contact your admin or open a Support request as instructed above.
NOTE: While Media Pocket operates with high network speeds and integrity, Aspera is a 3rd-party solution which might cause unwanted results. Use this share function with your risk. Aspera transfer speeds depend on the receiving end and how it is set up. If you encounter issues or errors, please contact your admin.